There is one time management tip for work and school that has taught me how to be more productive at college, work, home and in life. It has helped me tremendously! It forces me to remain focused on the task at hand while ignoring all unnecessary distractions. While using this technique, I am intensely focused and it takes a lot to me off track. This time management tip for work and school is called the Pomodoro Technique. It is a popular technique used by many!
What is The Pomodoro Technique
It is a time management technique that allows you to work with time versus working against time. You use these 5 steps to help you get as much done as possible.
- Select a task that you would like to complete and it should be one that requires your undivided attention.
- Use either a Kitchen Timer, your cell phone or this website for 25 minutes and spend a solid 25 minutes on the task without any distractions or interruptions.
- Complete as much work as possible on the task until the time goes off.
- When the timer rings, mark that task as completed or as almost completed.
- Take a 5 minute break and celebrate what you’ve just completed. Celebrate by taking a step away from your work station. You should get up, walk around, return that phone call or text.
- After the 5 minutes are up, start the steps over.