Learning how to love yourself should be a priority on everyone’s list. Besides, if you can’t love yourself, how can you expect to love others? So many people have their own definition of love but the true meaning of love surpasses the average person’s understanding.
Therefore, I have completed a 7 day challenge that will teach you how to love yourself more. So be prepared to have an open mind and a willing spirit because this journey is sure to change your life forever! If you take the time to do the daily challenges, I can assure you that you will see a change in your life, a change in the way you treat yourself and a change in the way you treat others! Congratulations…you are about to fall in love with yourself like never before!
The 7 Day Love Yourself More Challenge!
Day 1 – Love on Someone Else!
- 1ST CHALLENGE – One of the most evident ways of knowing that someone loves themselves, is them having the ability to “Love on Someone Else”. So today’s challenge is to compliment at least 5 different individuals. This excludes your spouse and children! The purpose of this challenge is to force yourself to find the beauty in others since we are always focused on our own flaws. Once we are able to successfully see the beauty in others, we will have a better chance of seeing the beautiful traits and characteristics we possess. So have fun with this exercise! If you want to compliment more than 5, then you definitely should! Let me know how this challenge went for you!
Day 2 – Love on Yourself!
- 2ND CHALLENGE – Statistics say that 85% of our self talk is negative which is very surprising to me. I assumed that most individuals knew how to uplift and encourage themselves but unfortunately, that isn’t true. Let’s say you your friends with a person that talks to you the way you talk to yourself. Would she or he still be your friend? If the answer is no, then it’s time for you to ‘love on yourself’ more. So today’s challenge is to compliment YOURSELF at least 5 different times! Look in the mirror and say something nice to yourself, i.e., you’re very beautiful, your hair looks so good today, you did an awesome job on that presentation, etc. To help you remember, I suggest placing a reminder in your phone!
Day 3 – Love is an Action Word!
- 3RD CHALLENGE – In the bible, John 3:16 KJV states, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” Therefore, he completed an action that showed how much he loved us. So today’s challenge consists of doing something nice for yourself. Buy yourself something nice, go enjoy a frozen cappucino at your local Starbucks or go get a mani/pedi. Just do something nice for you! Individuals who love themselves don’t feel selfish for treating themselves. Besides, everyday we are doing something nice for someone else whether it’s bathing our children, cooking for our spouses, watching our neighbors’ children or doing a favor for someone on the job but a lot of times we overlook doing something nice for ourselves. So today, do something nice for you!
Day 4 – No more Blames – Forgive Yourself!
- 4th CHALLENGE – It’s all my fault. I deserve this. What if I would have said this or wouldn’t have said that? Does any of this negative self talk sound familiar? In my post Forgiveness and How to Forgive Others, I discuss forgiving others, but what if the person you aren’t forgiving is you? So for today’s challenge, sit down and write a list of the things you still haven’t forgiven yourself for, confront them and remind yourself that they are in the past. There’s nothing you can do to change what has happened but you can change how you allow it to affect your future. I used to blame myself for my dad not wanting to be apart of my life but one day I decided that every person has their own free will so why should I blame myself for someone else’s actions? Therefore, I chose to forgive him for his actions and I chose to stop blaming myself. For more information on forgiveness, visit my post on How to Forgive Someone You Love.
Day 5 – Gratitude = A Better Attitude!
- The definition of gratitude is the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. When you are grateful for who you are and what you have, it makes it easier to love yourself. So for today’s challenge, write down a minimum of 10 things you are grateful for. However, everything you list has to involve you. Therefore, you can’t list your spouse, children, etc but you can list things such as items you own, your relationship you have with God, specific traits and characteristics you have, etc. Some may say that this step sounds selfish or narcissistic but the point of this step is to force you to acknowledge all of the unique attributes and characteristics YOU possess. If you have any questions about this step or others, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com
Day 6 – Psych Out the Enemy (Inner ME)!
- Congratulations…you have made it to day 6 but as you know, success comes with external and internal negativity! Usually we are focused on the external but we never focus on the internal negativity we deal with each day. As I previously stated, 85% of our self talk is negative. Therefore, we have to do a better job of ‘psyching out’ the inner negativity. Did you know that you have 90 seconds to get rid of a negative thought before it becomes permanent? So for today’s challenge, start your day with prayer and meditation. During your prayer, thank God for all of the positive things in your life and then ask him to help you with all of the negative things. Once you have completed this step, write down your agenda and all of the things you would like to get accomplished for the day. By doing these steps before beginning your day, you are leaving less room for inner negativity! Also, I have included a few bible verses that can help you with being more positive which you can find in the King James Version bible. If you are looking for a good, affordable bible, You can find it here.
- Phillipians 1:6 KJV
- Psalms 118:6 KJV
- Romans 8:28-31 KJV
- Luke 18:27
- Phillipians 4:13 KJV
- 1 Peter 5:7 KJV
Day 7 – Become the Person You Would Like to Love!
- This is the final challenge! Now that you have taken steps to become a better you, write down all of your dreams, goals, plans and aspirations to become an even better you! You can become the person you would like to love. Separate your goals into categories such as financial, personal, social, recreational, professional and spiritual. What are some locations you would like to travel to, where do you see yourself in 5 years, what are your career goals, do you have a financial plan, do you need to learn how to save money, etc? Write the vision for you life and stick with it!
CONGRATULATIONS! You have completed The 7 Day Love Yourself More Challenge. However, becoming successful at loving yourself is a daily process so be sure to apply each step daily. Compliment others as often as possible, treat yourself as much as you can and always, always, always thank God for everything he has blessed you with. Applying these steps to your everyday life will take your self love to another level!
If this challenge has helped you, please share using the tabs below. Also, please include how this challenge helped you in the comments below.