Learning how to meal prep is not difficult! “I wish I could prep my meals beforehand, but I don’t know where to start.” Does this sound like you? If so, don’t worry! Although it takes practice to get a routine down, anyone can do it!
Here are 5 tips that will help you learn how to meal prep like a boss!
- Don’t try to prep everything all at once! If you’re just starting out, don’t attempt to make your entire week’s meal plan all at once. It will only overwhelm you. Instead, only prep 1-2 meals ahead of time for the first week. As you become more comfortable with the process, you can add more prepping.
- Now isn’t the time to start testing new recipes. For beginners, it is wisest to stick with tried and true recipes that you like. When you are confident in a recipe’s outcome, then you can focus solely on preparing it ahead of time. You can focus on what does work, what doesn’t work, and enjoy the benefits of having food ready.
- You aren’t required to cook all of the food that you prep. Food prep does not necessarily mean cooking 100% of your meals beforehand. It could include washing fruits and vegetables so that they are ready for snacks, or chopping peppers, onions, or other ingredients for recipes. It’s all about figuring out what works best for you.
- There is no right or wrong way to prep food ahead of time. Finally, there are an endless number of options when it comes preparing food. However, like any new diet or exercise program, it must be sustainable in order to be effective. What works for one person might not work for you. Prep as much or as little as you like.
- Find stackable and reusable containers. Meal Preppies has a Meal Prep Containers package set for only $25!