Carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms are dangerous and should not be ignored. Since carbon monoxide poisoning systems can be hard to detect, everyone should consider having a Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm placed in their homes. According to the CDC, there is an average of 430 deaths per year from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning.

One day, I was having a conversation with my co-worker and she told me about her terrifying experience with being poisoned by carbon monoxide and the symptoms she experienced. The doctors told her that her levels of carbon monoxide were so high that she should be glad to be alive. This could have easily happened to anyone. It is so important for us to take care of our physical health.

carbon monoxide in house

Carbon Monoxide  Poisoning Symptoms

There are a few symptoms and side effects associated with carbon monoxide poisoning but most of these symptoms are often ignored since they are usually associated with common illnesses. The symptoms are:

  • Headaches
  • Shortness of breath
  • Fatigue
  • Dizziness
  • Feeling of sickness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Blurred vision
  • Fainting

My Co-Worker’s Experience with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

During the holidays, my co-worker was spending a lot of time at home. Unfortunately, she wasn’t aware of the high levels of carbon monoxide in her house. One day during her vacation, she passed out. Once she woke up, she immediately called her daughters and 911. She could barely talk and no one knew what was wrong with her. Once she got to the hospital, the doctor gave her a diagnosis (nothing related to carbon monoxide) and a prescription and sent her back home.

Her daughters decided to stay with her to monitor her progress but shortly after, they passed out as well. Once this happened, the fire department came and checked the carbon monoxide levels and immediately, they removed everyone from the home. The levels were so high that the paramedics were wondering how she was still alive! It was nothing but the grace of God! This could have been avoided if there was a Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm in the home but unfortunately, there wasn’t. Needless to say, after this experience, she bought several.

Have you or do you know anyone who has had an experience with carbon monoxide poisoning? If so, please feel free to share in the comments below. Also, if this post has helped you, please share with others using the buttons below!